Studying abroad is a serious decision when financial matter is discussed. The reality cannot be shorn of as the world is currently facing economic crisis. For those students who have parents whose capable to send them in a foreign country and can break in the bank for their expenses are lucky; on the contrary, how about those who only earned enough to sustain their daily basic needs but only has the capacity of academic outstanding? Could that help?
Going to college is not merely on the subject of totally intellectual but also the chance to gain knowledge of multitude of life learning, and this is best if a cerebral student is given the opportunity to explore outside the local area to expand his/her horizons. To bring in an education abroad is something atypical education, this is literally essential for the start of the student’s potential in the globalize employment prospects, notwithstanding on what country they choose to study.
That is why scholarships are the solitary hope for the striving students en route for their life’s vision; it able to help students who are in pursuit of higher studies. Obtaining a scholarship smooth the progress of the student’s financial stability, and this is not impossible even if one desire to accomplish education abroad.
For the total financial assistance package, the student grants are the subsidy offered to students who want to study abroad and it is the sheer means to provide the amount of money needed abroad toward the outlay of his/her chosen degree. Among all the college educational funding, this is a smarter alternative because compare to student loans, a qualified student do not necessarily have to repay; otherwise, if matching it up to scholarships, both have similar ways such as not requiring to be paid back, but this is where the similarities end. Since scholarships inclined to be merit-based whereas student grants objective is based on need of the student.
* There are loads of grants offered but they mainly fall into 3 groups.
- Granted by the federal government and states
- Granted by some colleges or universities
- Granted by individuals and several organizations both private and public sectors.
* The 2 general types of student grant programs are:
1. Need-based grants – a grant which is often awarded to students who are unable to support his/her college without it. This program is mostly funded by the federal government and several state governments, and the most popular federal program is the Federal Pell Grant.
- Based on the family income and the dependent family members.
- The student status and his/her ongoing academic requirements
Application: - Interested applicants must sign up a Free Application for (FAFSA) or Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This is open yearly.
2. Merit-based grants – is a type of grant program that collaborates the income and academic requirements of the applicants; yet,
- applicants don’t have to be a whiz kid to qualify as long as he/she is comparatively well in school.
- Find and fill out an application form in the FAFSA website or else in your state’s authorized website.
The student grants is the financial aid for students to get through college local and abroad, the precise way to afford the education without having to undergo into serious debt. The effort to find the appropriate grant is the first thing to consider.