Adolescents are visibly exposed to different kinds of exploitations today. A range of illegal substances including drugs and alcohol are the primary caused devastation in someone’s life if the situation emerging to addiction. If this issue is apparent, it must be taken seriously especially if students are already involved. Since the ages do not limit the alcoholism and the predominant depiction of it is the easiest and simplest substance able to access in high school and college grounds globally; hence, anyone can fall prey to the situation.
The tendency can turned out into the victim’s serious personal dilemma such as relentless depression, paranoia, inclination to suicidal, and more effects that might barely rid off by his/her own at all. In addition to heavy drinking, it is as well a threat to society.In fact in America, students drinking alcohol is one of the nation’s principal problems. According to the statistic of alcoholics in America, the lists below are the facts notified:
- The total alcoholics in America are more or less 12 million and ¾ engage are adults and 6% of them are addicted.
- Almost 7 million individuals ages 15-20 including high school and college students have overindulged in alcohol.
- Because of alcohol, every 30 minutes there is at least 1 person killed due to alcohol-related car accident in
- Surprisingly, it was revealed to the said study that in America people who are educated and with a higher income are more likely alcoholics than to those who are less-educated people.
That is why, according to the latest report of (NIH) National Institute of Health studies, they are now creating a new distribution to promote the addiction awareness in order to eliminate the jeopardize factors of alcohol addiction in particular; and the promotion is taken action through commercial use of the Association of American Medical Colleges and Universities researches.
The NIH has conducted random surveys. Now the (NIAAA) National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism of NIH will be carrying out lectures and campaign events to highlight medical and human research about alcoholism’s effects to human’s organs and further treatments. To join, there are forthcoming events to be act upon this year, see the details below:Forthcoming Event Information:
- April 12, 2011 for the 3rd Annual Jack Mendelson Lecture
- June 9 and September 15, 2011 for the Advisory Council meeting
- Question: What are the tell-tales to recognize if a certain teen is deeply engage in alcoholism? Answer: Watch out for the changing of attitude, acrid breath, personal hygiene, red puffy eyes, increased tolerance
- Question: What are the possible causes why students drinking (alcohol) habit befall to addiction? Answer: The main possible reasons are the (1) genetics factors; this may cause a person to be at risk to alcohol addiction, (2) the emotional condition, anxiety, too much stress, and emotional pain make a person drink to forget the chaos, and (3) the social issues, influence from alcoholic friends or even the urge because of the rendering endorsement in the media with a message “it’s OK to drink excessively”.
- Questions: How about the effects to the enabler students? Answer: (1) The damaging of academic performance, (2) huge damage in reputation being a student and to the institution, and (3) chronic health dependence. Through the awareness brought by the consequences of alcoholism, it is time to take immediate action.